Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saved by the Bulldozer

Right after our neighbor dug us out - Blizzard #2 in a week came through, and we were stuck again.
This wonderful man came and bulldozed us out.
This second storm brought us another foot of snow, and WIND. 
It was difficult to be outside with the cold temps, and the wind.
Spenser and Roger are jealous
Our Hero's
Spenser is 6'1"
I sat in the car for awhile while they were dosing .... dreaming of driving home.
No dozer here - just a drift. in the backyard.
Thank you to the wonderful people that helped us dig out ... twice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Impressive

Unknown said...

how nice of those guys to dig you out - did you know them before they did this?

Sissy aka Sunny in Seattle said...

I can't even remember what snow like that was like. I mean, I remember the blizzard when we were kids, but that seems like a million years ago and not even real.

It's been unseasonably warm here after that nasty Dec cold snap of about 13 degrees, which sucked!

Next time you move to a place that dang cold, I would pick dogs that come with a real fur coat!!! That's like plucking a naked aborigine out of the rain forest and dropping him on Kodiak Island for crying out loud!!!

...poor nekkid mutts...lol

Angie said...

It tis true ... with no fat or fur (we should all be so lucky) my dogs are not cold weather prepared.

However, after a shower I get to squeegee them off. Last night, two dogs, 4 shampoos, start to dry off ... 18 minutes.

How long does it take you?

Sissy said...

Um...its more than 18 minutes just to get Dodge shampooed...are ya kidding me? Each dog is probably an hour from wash to damp and brushed. Still a few hours away from totally dry.

The upside is, I can leave them outside for longer than 17 minutes on a cold day without them turning into a "pupsicle"!!!